I personally think that drugs should not be legalized. When I say this, I mean all drugs: crack, marijuana, heroin, everything. Sure this might increase the criminal record for drug dealing, but we need to make sure that those who haven't experienced the drug will never be exposed to it. If drugs were legalized, we'd have a whole bunch of people addicted to it that wouldn't be if it weren't legal. People lose their lives when they become addicted. Would we want all of America addicted and acting like nothing else cared in the world besides the drug. There goes our school, religion, cultures, friends, family; none of it would matter to us if the US were addicted to drugs. This can only happen if we make them legal. Plus what are we saying when we legalize the drug? That our government is saying that its "ok" put our health in danger and kill ourselves slowly? I wouldn't want that to happen to my body. Of course if we did legalize drugs, the economy would benefit. So many people would pay so much to get their hands on drugs. Drug production would eventually go into industry which would create jobs for people. The "street sales" would go down. Less street fights and shootings would occur. It would stop illegal trade between countries also. Still, I think our health is more important than money and the economy. I don't think drugs should be legalized.
http://www.bookrags.com/essay-2006/3/8/84936/88453 http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/306198/the_issue_of_drug_legalization_pros.html
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment